Sweet Potato + Chocolate Chip Muffins
Submitted by: Trista W.
2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/3 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup Hearty Sweet Potatoes
1/2 cup Stonyfield Greek yogurt
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon butter (melted or sunflower seed or saflower oil)
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Sift flour, salt, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Prepare muffin pan with liners, or spray with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix with a whisk by hand: egg, sugar, vanilla, butter. Add NurturMeal puree and yogurt.
- Add flour and whisk lightly until combined.
- Add chocolate chips and mix delicately.
- Scoop into the prepared muffin pan and fill to the top.
- Sprinkle more chocolate or chopped nuts on top.
- Bake for about 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove tray from oven and let muffins cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely on baking rack.